Bank Holidays in December 2022: The month of December has begun and includes 9 days of banking holidays. Know bank holidays, occasions, other details here. However, online or net banking will remain operative.
Bank Holidays in December 2022: The last month of the year December has started and the list of bank holidays in the month are out. So, if you have any planned banking activity to be completed and have to visit your nearest bank branch, you need to know about the list of holidays. As per the details provided by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) banks will remain closed for 9 days in December. Meanwhile, online or internet banking will remain operative 24×7.
People who have to complete banking activities like depositing money, updating passbook, transferring amount, among others will have to plan their bank visit accordingly to get their work done. Also, the list of bank holidays released by RBI falls under three categories- Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act; Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday; and Banks’ Closing of Accounts. Here is when and why banks will remain shut for the 9 days in December 2022:
List of Bank Holidays in December 2022
1. Saturday, December 3, 2022: Banks will remain shut in Panaji on Saturday December 3, 2022 due to the occasion of Feast of St. Francis Xavier.
2. Monday, December 5, 2022: Banks will remain shut on December 5 in Ahmedabad due to Gujarat Legislative Assembly Elections 2022.
3. Monday, December 12, 2022: Banks will remain shut in Shillong due to Pa-Togan Nengminja Sangma.
4: Monday, December 19, 2022: Due to the celebration of Goa Liberation Day, banks will remain closed in Panaji.
5: Saturday, December 24, 2022: Banks in Shillong due to the celebration of Christmas Festival.
6. Monday, December 26, 2022: Banks will remain shut in Aizawl, Gangtok, and Shillong due to the celebration of Christmas Celebration/Losoong/Namsoong.
7. Thursday, December 29, 2022: On the occasion of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Birthday, banks will remain closed in Chandigarh on December 29.
8. Friday, December 30, 2022: Banks will remain closed in Shillong due to U Kiang Nangbah.
9. Saturday, December 31, 2022: Due to the celebration of New Year’s Eve banks will remain closed in Aizawl.
Other than the above mentioned 9 holidays, banks will also remain closed on December 4, 11, 18, and 25 as it is Sunday and on December 10, 2022 due to the second Saturday.